Newsvoice moves the power over the news to our readers. By upvoting a story it will appear higher up and more people will see it.
Get in touch with us through email or social media.
We read all the emails we get
Join our Slack community if you want to contribute
Follow us for updates
Follow us for updates
Help & Rules
We want to keep an open discussion around news and exclude as few sources and perspectives as possible. However, we will not accept links to articles or pages in the following categories:
- Not news. Sources that are not news sites. For instance, we will not link to Wikipedia or blogs.
- Paywalled. Sources that are behind a paywall, or cannot be accessed by anyone who follows the link.
- Opinion based articles. Articles that are just an analysis or based solely on something a person says.
- Off topic or old. Sources that are off topic or not directly related to the main story, or sources that are older than a couple of days.
- Fake news. Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports.
- Satire. Sources that use humor, irony, exaggeration, ridicule, and false information to comment on current events.
- Junk science. Sources that promote pseudoscience, metaphysics, naturalistic fallacies, and other scientifically dubious claims.
- Hate News. Sources that actively promote racism, misogyny, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination.
- Clickbait. Sources that provide generally credible content, but use exaggerated, misleading, or questionable headlines, social media descriptions, and/or images.
We are gathering site classifications from the OpenSources project, but are constantly expanding our database of news sites.
We are committed to keeping the discussion around the news stories as open as possible, and will never remove content based on political views or bias. We are, however, also committed to keeping the quality of the discussion at a high level. Therefore comments will be removed in the following cases:
- Off topic. Comments that are not commenting on the news story that they are associated with.
- Spam. Comments that are spam or advertising products or services.
- Sexually explicit material. Comments that use sexually explicit language or linking to pornographic material.
- Hate speech and graphic violence. Comments that contains hate speech or link to graphic violent material.
- Bullying or harassment. Comments that are meant to bully or harass other readers or people outside the site.
- Impersonation. Comments posted by users that pretend to be someone else.
Block and ban
If a user keeps posting either links or comments that break our rules they can either receive a warning, get their account temporarily suspended, or in serious cases get their account permanently blocked.
Bots and click farms
We are keeping a zero tolerance policy towards bots and click farms. If an account is found to be run by a bot or a click farm it will be immediately closed, without warning.
Newsvoice.com is run by Newsvoicedotcom AB, based in Stockholm Sweden.