Woman dies after eating mushrooms at top restaurant in Spain

Woman dies after eating mushrooms at top restaurant in Spain

A Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain has closed as authorities investigate the death of a woman who ate a dish of mushrooms. María Jesús Fernández Calvo had ordered a meal containing rice and morchella fungi from RiFF in Valencia while celebrating her husband’s birthday. After returning home, she suffered vomiting and diarrhea and died the next morning. 11 other diners suffered similar symptoms.

KCooper
KCooper
K1ngConnor
K1ngConnor 1 year

But...but they were natural!

Michael Tatom
Michael Tatom 1 year

Correction: ex top restaurant.

M.Twain
M.Twain 1 year

Why pics of morels, they are not poisonous and are considered a choice mushroom.

StrangeCalibur
StrangeCalibur 1 year

That’s not fungi

ConcealCarryProtect
ConcealCarryProtect 1 year

Can I get some of them?

Ryan M
Ryan M 1 year

Why the hell do people eat that blistering rot in the first place? It's fungus, guys, it's the literal fruit body of death and decay. Eat stuff that grows from something that's alive, like an apple from a tree or a grape from a vine. Don't eat stuff that grows out of dead things, like rotten leaves or a pile of dung. Would you eat something you found growing out of a corpse? What's the difference?

Top in World
Get the App