Mongolian couple die of bubonic plague after eating marmot

Mongolian couple die of bubonic plague after eating marmot

A Mongolian couple died of the bubonic plague after reportedly eating raw marmot. The incident has prompted a six-day quarantine that left a number of tourists stranded in the region. The couple had consumed the raw meat and kidney of a marmot, believed by some to be a folk remedy for good health. The rodent is a known carrier a bacterium commonly associated with the contagious bubonic plague.

KCooper
KCooper
NPC#1337 T3H H0nkulAr
NPC#1337 T3H H0nkulAr 1 year

Sounds like the 1300s problem to me.

david dindu
david dindu 1 year

if marmots were banned the couple would live

Bingo Dingo
Bingo Dingo 1 year

Leave it to a couple drunk Russians to eat raw rat meat.

mem#859×>37[×
mem#859×>37[× 1 year

should've grilled that meat up

Ronken
Ronken 1 year

whatever health problems they might have had, I'm sure they are not worried about them anymore, so...

ConcealCarryProtect
ConcealCarryProtect 1 year

"believed by some folks remedy to bring good health" That there is ironic.

Top in World
Get the App