Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning agent

Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning agent

An employee at Buffalo Wild Wings died and at least 10 people checked themselves into hospital after being exposed to a strong chemical cleaning agent at a restaurant in Burlington, Massachusetts. Reports identified the chemical as sodium hypochlorite, a cleaning agent. There was no threat to public safety, officials said.

Simone
Simone
Seed
Seed 5 months

Mishandling of chemicals. If this chemical was handled properly this would not have happened. There are far more dangerous chemicals than sodium hypochlorite (which, iirc is bleach or a component of it) which can be handled with relative safety if the proper safety procedures are taken.

James Sanford (Retroambassador)
James Sanford (Retroambassador) 5 months

this is why you dont mix chemicals.

Aight Bradley
Aight Bradley 5 months

There needs to be an investigation to see if the restaurant was negligent in labeling of chemicals and training employees in their proper use or if the employee just wasn't following directions.

Top in U.S.
Get the App