Join our growing community to challenge mainstream media bias and fix the news
UK government plans to toughen voter ID rules

UK government plans to toughen voter ID rules

The British government has announced plans to toughen election voting rules by requiring photo identification at polling stations. This has been met with criticism with opponents arguing that the law proposed by PM Johnson’s Conservative government could disenfranchise millions of voters, particularly the poor and members of ethnic minorities.

Clara
Clara
J. S. Dietrich
J. S. Dietrich 1 months

Is it really that hard for the UK government (or the US government for that matter) to find ways to get everyone proper identification?

Hannibal
Hannibal 1 months

So from the openly left-wing Guardian over 98% of people in the UK have a valid ID under the proposed and would be completely unaffected. I didn't see any explanation of why the remaining 2% fell through the cracks. The continental trend is requiring a valid ID or passport at the time of casting a ballot of to receive one by mail. That being said, I'm not even seeing the Tory press asserting endemic election fraud.

Got Truth
Got Truth 1 months

This kind of measure is voter suppression, suppression of illegal voters. Any democratic society must have strict voter ID or risk falling into Socialism or even Communism as these groups will lie, cheat and steal any way they can to steel elections.

Angela O'Brien
Angela O'Brien 1 months

This is disgusting and this echoes the Republican party in the US. Stopping poorer and minorities from voting. I’ve always had paper voting it’s never been a problem but all of a sudden it’s a problem. Illegal photo ID votes are so infinitesimal it’s ridiculous

E N..
E N.. 1 months

This pops up every few year from the tories, they have yet to follow-through in any meaningful way.

Top in World