Join our growing community to challenge mainstream media bias and fix the news
Millionaires who support taxing the rich protest in NY, Washington

Millionaires who support taxing the rich protest in NY, Washington

Millionaires who have called on the rich to pay more in taxes launched protests in NY and Washington on Monday. The effort on Tax Day was organized by the Patriotic Millionaires, whose members boast annual incomes of over $1M or assets worth over $5M. Mobile billboards made appearances in front of Amazon CEO Bezos’ homes, besides Sens. McConnell and Schumer’s residences.

David
David
Drunkin Lephrechaun
Drunkin Lephrechaun 0 months

I have a suspicion that the “patriotic millionaires” are neither. I have an idea for them; instead of spending your money on advertising trucks trying to “virtue signal” to all us little folk, just write a check to the IRS. I’m sure they will cash it and won’t even send you a thank you card. To any millionaires that go with this movement, light your money on fire because if you go with this you don’t deserve what you have.

Dan
Dan 0 months

We can’t tax people and corporations who pay ZERO in taxes. Who would then employ former politicians and Administration officials with boutique salaries?

Tired of the BS
Tired of the BS 0 months

This is for show and it’s total BS. No millionaire is going to go protest in Washington to pay higher taxes and Mcconnell and Shumer will do squat. All they have to do is stop using their high priced accountants and attorneys to find all the loop holes, shelters and deductions, stop putting their money in off shore accounts and Swiss banks. Start going to H&R Block, or turbo tax and pay what they owe… like an honest hard working person. As for Bezos… all I can say is, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s”… Pay now or pay later… I’d personally much rather pay now.

Viviko
Viviko 0 months

Watch these same millionaires just move money around to make it look like they lost money and then say “I’m not a millionaire” when we wonder why they didn’t pay taxes. Or they just move their assets out of their names… like move them to a Trust. Or, a limited partnership with their children. Lol. “What? I’m not rich. All these assets belong to this entity that I set up but have no say or control over”. Lol

Central Scrutinizer
Central Scrutinizer 0 months

Blocking roads and stopping business should result in getting run over. There better be means is control here, I mean those 4yos need those 51 cases of sooner Bob popsicles you know

James
James 0 months

It’s not patriotic to want to pay more taxes. It’s idiocy that even the founding fathers would’ve protested against.

nathan
nathan 0 months

Such hypocrites! They pay accountants hundreds of thousands to find every tax loophole and avoid paying “their fair share of taxes.” If they just paid taxes without playing the loophole games, there would be nothing to worry about. They are just virtue signalling while avoiding taxes anyway. If raised, they still wouldnt pay any taxes. Amazon had two years where it paid zero in federal taxes because of loopholes.

Madison
Madison 0 months

Do people not understand how taxes work in America? The top 10 percent of Americans pay for the rest of the bottom 90 percent. You get back what you pay for in refunds, benefits and services that all affect the bottom. The top already pays way more, dummies. Be thankful you're making what you are. Most countries don't come close to the income of our poverty line.

Robert Palmer
Robert Palmer 0 months

Nothing is stopping these people from paying more taxes themselves. Why do they feel the need to control other people?

Prince Azmiran
Prince Azmiran 0 months

Looks like the rich people want somebody else to pay taxes to me.

Jack
Jack 0 months

People still fail to see the difference between the word “millionaire” and actual hundred millionaires. If these indeed are folks within $5,000,000 of assets, they DO NOT fall under the concept of Rich that manipulate and pressure socioeconomics on a national or multi-national scale. If you think these people are considerably similar to Bezos or Musk you completely like qualitative logic. If this was Bloomberg it would indeed be a joke.

Taurus
Taurus 0 months

We shouldn’t listen to them. They are millionaires which makes them bad people and wrong automatically /s

Something Witty
Something Witty 0 months

Yep, sounds about right. These people have the power to individually inact their believes, because yes you can give more taxes than required, and instead they decide to waste money on protests. If they truly wanted change, they would promote this to their social circles and lead by example.

R_Forde
R_Forde 0 months

Nothing stops them from giving money to the government if they want.

Top in U.S.