Join our growing community to challenge mainstream media bias and fix the news
Final COVID-19 vaccine data released by Pfizer

Final COVID-19 vaccine data released by Pfizer

As per the final results of the Phase 3 trials of the Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine candidate, the vaccine is 95% effective in fighting the disease. This is better than the estimate offered by the companies based on interim data a few weeks ago which indicated 90% efficiency of the vaccine. No major side effects have been witnessed and the companies are looking to seek regulatory approval.

Tom A
Tom A
John
John 2 weeks

This means that your chances of contracting covid are 95% lower than they would be without the vaccine and if you do contract it you'll still have a 99% chance of survival. This takes your risk of dying down from 1% to 0.05%. That's 20 times less likely. Your odds may be even better than this if enough people have the vaccine to create herd immunity because you'd be less likely to be exposed in the first place. If this ends the economic devastation of the shutdowns and the mask mandates then it cannot come quickly enough.

Chad
Chad 2 weeks

Your immune system is also amazing at fighting it. In fact, 99.96% of us will recover and be fine

Andrew 1010
Andrew 1010 2 weeks

...95% effective rate. Well what happened to the other 5%? Also you expect me to take a 95% effective preventative which may have potential unintended side effects for a virus which has... A >99% survival rate. Yep I ain't injecting that needle.

Dan
Dan 2 weeks

I don't even take the flu shot. What makes them think they can make me take this crap. Over my dead body is the only way.

Katse Kubeb
Katse Kubeb 2 weeks

7Bn. 53Mn. 1.3Mn.

Dr. Ötker
Dr. Ötker 2 weeks

What happened to the 5%?

Top in Tech